Thursday, September 2, 2010

Long nights in the sewing lab ensue

This semester has started out with a whirlwind of deadlines that keep mounting and drawing nearer and passing. One of my primary focuses this semester is Threads, which as mentioned before is UNCG's Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies department Student Organization. In May I was elected as the president for the 2010-2011 academic year. We have a lot of exciting things happening this year - one of the most exciting things I'm implementing is a Retail Strategies Competition. This RSC will have the students compete against each other for a prize of $500. They will each complete a case study (which I based off of an old YMA-FSF case study), and then present their project and research to a panel of judges, and an audience. There will be more info on that to come.

Here's a picture of our officers this year:
From left to right: Jessica Flanagan (VP of Retail), Sarah Poston (Event Coordinator), Leah Windley (VP of Design), ME (President and Head Coordinator), Ashley Corsi (Historian), Victoria Kim (Secretary), Amy Vafai (Treasurer), and Torey Thorpe (PR Director & Web Master)


When I'm not scrambling around trying to get everything in order for Threads, I'm generally in the sewing lab until the wee hours of the morning - usually with Torey, the PR & Webmaster. Now, it's not that I work on my projects forever, it's just that I'm more productive when I get to the sewing lab at 11pm, and have time to think about everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment