Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And the whirlwind begins!

I know it's been dreadfully long since my last post, but I promise I'm still alive! I've wrapped up my internship at John Varvatos, and am back in the South. I had am amazing experience there, and learned more than I could possibly have imagined. As soon as I got back I traveled around NC a bit, on family vacation and with friends. Though I have a special place in my heart for New York City, it was great to come back to the beautiful landscapes of North Carolina.
Sunset at my parents home
Since my last post, I've procured my own domain name! www.kerrierogers.net which leads you to my portfolio site. I've also printed new business cards! They have a QR code on them, so if someone wants to add my info to their smart phones, they just have to scan it! On my iPhone, I've downloaded the RedLaser App to scan codes, and it works quite well.
I am in the midst of my last semester of school! Yes, it is quite terrifying... however I can't wait to graduate and start a new life. This semester I am taking a fashion illustration course (finally) and my final studio is a technical design course, and we are creating a senior line. So far I have created a trend board and come up with a color palate. Later I'll post a presentation link to the trend board, but for now I'll leave you with the picture that inspired the collection and color palate that I wish to find fabric swatches for. The collection will be for fall/winter 2012 and will have two women's looks and one men's.

No comments:

Post a Comment