Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spring Threads Social + Spring 2011 Project Photo shoot + John Varvatos Internship + NYC (again!)

Firstly, I apologize for my absence - but I promise it's because I've been hard at work in the last month!

Website Update...
I've updated the "Fashion Show and Look Book" Section of my website, seen here.

Threads Update...
We wrapped up the year with Threads - and I passed the torch to a very promising young lady and friend named Victoria Kim. This was a very successful year for Threads; we won a UNCG Excellence Award in Programing for our Spring Fashion Show, and got our first ever trophy!


Studio Update...
This semester at UNCG I was in APD 443 Product Design Studio III: Creative and Experimental Design. We had a number of projects that forced us to solve problems in design by utilizing specific design techniques. At the end of the semester, we were able to do a photo shoot of our projects.


Recycled T-shirt Project, Spring 2011: I used 100% of 3 Haines Brand t-shirts, hand dyed them, then made this dress. The back crocheting detail is made of one whole t-shirt that was cut into a continuous string then hand crocheted.(As seen in the Spring 2011 Threads Fashion Show)


Childrenswear project, Spring 2011: 100% cotton; Skirt and shirt combination. Utility pocket detail on front, back button closure along skirt center back, and at shirt neck.


Geometric Shape Project, Spring 2011: Made with 5 equilateral triangles and 5 perfect squares all with sides of 15 inches. Solid black knit, 100% cotton. Mesh panels, cotton/spandex blend.

Overall this semester has been one packed with fun projects and a lot of growth in my design and sewing skills.

Internship Update...
And the best news of all - I secured and internship with John Varvatos in NYC! I'll be moving back to Greenwich Village on Sunday and starting my design internship on Tuesday. This blog will be used once again all summer as a journal for my experiences and adventures. Expect to see pictures of stuff I'm doing at work as well as things I do around the city.

John Varvatos Fall/Winter 2011 collection
I am so honored that they chose me and I am beyond excited to start working for them. This was my dream, and hopefully it will turn into my career!

No comments:

Post a Comment