Tuesday was a big day. I arrived at the office near 10am and entered descriptions (Mens woven button-up, Mens jeans, Mens pants, Mens sleepwear etc.) to item numbers in an excel sheet.
The whole time I was just thinking about what to wear to the event that night, the Tommy Hilfiger/FSF/Vogue Intern Social.
I mean, what could be more perfect than a little black dress, right?
I left work early to run home and examine my options in my closet. I choose a simple black dress, that had a silver beading embellishment on the shoulders. I met my new roommate and we went to the cafeteria for a quick dinner, then I hopped on the train back up town. I waited for my friend Shaughn who was also a YMA-FSF scholar and we entered the Tommy Hilfiger flagship store on 5th ave.


We were given name tags that had our school's name and our internship company. It was a lot like the January FSF social, and was mostly networking and mingling.
But we did have a special guest - Tommy Hilfiger. Yep, he showed up and was there all of 10 minutes. He gave a little speech, and then offered one of the interns a job after graduation. He was surrounded by body guards, and there were people with "Press" badges. He did snap a few pictures with important people. One of whom I met last year when she came to my school. She is the president of Tommy Hilfiger America, and her name is Colleen Kelly.
Pictured: are two Tommy interns, Tommy, and Colleen next to him

I was so excited when she told Shaughn and I to get coffee with her soon. After a few email exchanges, it looks like we'll be meeting up with her next month, and we'll also get a tour of the Tommy headquarters. It was a very exciting event for me, and I'll never forget it. I truly wouldn't be here in New York if I hadn't won the YMA, and I am forever grateful.
They also had this fun photo booth!

The rest of the pictures from the event can be found at GuestofaGuest and also on PatrickMcMullen's site.
Today I worked reception again, and the highlight of my day was seeing Cyndi Lauper going to lunch at the restaurant next to my office building called Nobu. I have to admit, "Girls just Wanna have fun" has been stuck in my head all day. I didn't take a picture because I don't think I would like that if I was out just trying to go to lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment